Last week, we listed the property located at 2718 Buckner Lane in Thompsons Station in Williamson County TN. This acreage is located within minutes of shopping and dining which is unusual for acreage property. It is also right down the street from all three of the public schools zoned for this home. In addition, it's priced extremely well.
Needless to say, there has been a lot of interest. Everyone thinks they want to live on 5 acres. That is, until they actually see how large 5 acres is.
The home is slightly bigger at 5.58 acres and the house sits high up on a hill. The acreage in back rolls away from the house. With nothing but a farmer's field behind it, the acreage looks expansive.
A few of the buyers who thought they wanted acreage have asked, "What does one do with 5 acres in Willamson County TN?"
It depends upon the buyers.
As an owner of a five-acre parcel, I can tell you it's wonderful owning acreage but it's also a lot of work and upkeep. When we originally moved here, we thought we'd build a swimming pool. That never happened. While it still can, I'm not sure we'll ever do it. However, we are in the process of creating a large brick paver patio with a fire pit and building a 16x20 workshop for my husband which will include an area to do some woodworking and an area we'll use as a potting shed.
Our neighbor who is also on five acres owns three horses. He's a fencing contractor so he has a small building on his property to accommodate equipment. It sure beats paying lots of money to store your equipment elsewhere.
Things you may want to do with 5 acres in Williamson County:
- Williamson County is horse country and horses need acreage.
- A swimming pool and large outdoor entertainment area is possible.
- Woodworking enthusiasts could build a shop to accommodate their hobby.
- Business owners could build a shop to store their equipment.
- Car collectors could build a shop to store their collectibles.
- Acreage is ideal for all-terrain vehicle enthusiasts. A go-kart course for the kids.
- Golfers could create a practice area or putting green to enjoy their hobby at home.
- Musicians could build a sound studio to create and record music.
- Plant your own vineyard and make wine.
- Plant a large vegetable garden to provide for your family all year.
- Raise chickens, goats, cattle and horses.
- Build a kennel for dogs.
- Park your recreation vehicle in your own yard, rather than pay for storage.
- Create your own Field of Dreams. Who doesn't want a baseball field on their property?
As you can see, the possibilities are endless. If none of these ideas appeal to you, you could just sit on your back porch sipping a sweet tea and enjoy the peace and tranquility. But be prepared because five acres is a lot to mow if you don't have animals like horses, cattle or goats to help you keep the grass under control.
What does one do with 5 acres in Williamson County TN? The possibilities are endless.
To learn more about buying or selling acreage in Williamson County TN, contact Franklin Homes Realty LLC at (615) 495-0752.
Photos courtesy of freedigitalphotos.net and Franklin Homes Realty LLC.