Barclay Place Franklin TN Home Sales for December 2012
- Properties currently active on the market: 8
- Single-family properties closed in December 2012: 5
- Average sales price: $376,052
- Average list price: $382,396
- Sales price to list price ratio: 98.3%
- Average days on the market: 74
- Sales currently pending: 10
- Barclay Place absorption rate: 1.6 months of inventory (a normal or steady market would be 5-7 months; anything under 5 months of inventory is considered a seller's market, above 7 months is considered a buyer's market).
Barclay Place is in an extreme sellers' market. However, this is not a good thing for buyers. Barclay Place is a new construction Franklin TN neighborhood and all of the homes are being sold by the builder, Jones Company.
As the neighborhood nears the end of development, buyers may find that Jones Company is more negotiable on the price. They are typically difficult to deal with. Buyers need to remember that even new construction homes are negotiable. While many builders may want to get their base price for a home, they are usually negotiable on add-ons or upgrades.
To insure you are getting the best price for a Barclay Place home, have the assistance of a Buyer's Agent. The on-site sales agents work for the seller. Hiring a Buyer's agent insures that your financial interest is represented. The best part is the selleays the Buyer's Agent to represent you. So there's no excuse for not hiring one. It's always best to contact a buyer's agent prior to actually visiting the new construction community. That way, you don't compromise your negotiating power when it comes time for your agent to present an offer.
If you are interested in buying a Barclay Place home and need Buyer's Representation, contact Tammie White of Franklin Homes Realty LLC at (615) 495-0752.
NOTE: The above photo is of an actual Barclay Place Frankin TN home.